My house is located in San Diego and was built in 1940. It's single story with no dormers and sided with stucco. The roof is "hipped". The interior is lath and plaster, kind of a "fancy" plaster job; not just smooth..kind of like a topographical map look. The doorways are arched and there are built in shelves which are arched as well. There are pocket doors between the kitchen and dining room and the living room and hallway where the bedrooms are located. The original house shape appears to have been a "U" shape.
I'd like to know the style of the house is. Also I'm currently having the house completely re-wired and would like to install authentic light switches and light fixtures...I just don't know what they are! Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide