My house is located in San Diego and was built in 1940. It's single story with no dormers and sided with stucco. The roof is "hipped". The interior is lath and plaster, kind of a "fancy" plaster job; not just smooth..kind of like a topographical map look. The doorways are arched and there are built in shelves which are arched as well. There are pocket doors between the kitchen and dining room and the living room and hallway where the bedrooms are located. The original house shape appears to have been a "U" shape.
I'd like to know the style of the house is. Also I'm currently having the house completely re-wired and would like to install authentic light switches and light fixtures...I just don't know what they are! Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!