Wooden rain barrels
I would think that any good preservative would keep the barrels from deteriorating but what are you planning on doing with the water? No drinking I hope. The barrels should be kept full to keep the joints tight as you would in a wooden boat. The wood stays swelled up and tight holding the water. This won't always preserve the wood, just keep the joints tight. Cuprinol, Waterseal among others are good preservatives. My question is if you seal the wood with a preservative will the wood still absorb the water and stay tight? Very interesting.....Mark Hammond
To GlennG--where could I find "Woodlife"? I've found the big home stores (Home Depot, ***** ) don't really seem to know much about what I'm looking for.
The full name of the product you want to look at is "Woodlife Coppercoat".
You will find more information about the product there, as well as a link on the left side of the page "Where to buy" that will answer your question.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!