Wooden rain barrels
I would think that any good preservative would keep the barrels from deteriorating but what are you planning on doing with the water? No drinking I hope. The barrels should be kept full to keep the joints tight as you would in a wooden boat. The wood stays swelled up and tight holding the water. This won't always preserve the wood, just keep the joints tight. Cuprinol, Waterseal among others are good preservatives. My question is if you seal the wood with a preservative will the wood still absorb the water and stay tight? Very interesting.....Mark Hammond
To GlennG--where could I find "Woodlife"? I've found the big home stores (Home Depot, ***** ) don't really seem to know much about what I'm looking for.
The full name of the product you want to look at is "Woodlife Coppercoat".
You will find more information about the product there, as well as a link on the left side of the page "Where to buy" that will answer your question.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes