I am not sure if this is the right forum if not then I am sorry.
I have a wall that has a small closet in it. I want to put a dresser on that wall and since its an extra closet I want to close it off. Is there anything i need to be worried and think about? Is it as simple as getting some 2x4's nailing in a top and bottom and supports up and down and then adding drywall. I know the wall will need to be finished as well but is there anything I am not thinking about?
Thanks in Advance,
Actually the space is not to be wasted!!! The other side of the wall is another room that will be the office when it gets cleaned out. That room has a closet on the same wall on the other end, so i was going to break the wall up on the other side and remove the closet doors in that room and essentially make the office bigger by 3 feet deep by 15 feet wide ...or something close to that. There is electrical to worry about but it will only be an issue when i deal with the other side of that wall ...the office side.
Thanks for your input!!!
Thanks for your input!!!
There isnt anything but electrical between the wall, all of th duct work is above in the attic and vents out from the ceiling. The pipes are all on the other side of the upstairs from where i am working, thats where the 2 bathroom are back to back. One side of the house is essentially bathrooms and the other side is the hallway with bedrooms. Now when i frame it in, i need to frame it back from the existing wall 1/4 of an inch or something correct? Is there a certain type of drywall i should get? Certanin size..1/4 do they make 1/2 I am new to this if that didnt tell ya!!!!
Thanks 1/2 it will be. I am wondering if I should take the rest of the drywall off that same wall too. The light switch goes to a wall outlet on that wall. I want that switch to turn a fan that I am going to install. This might be out of your area but I am wodering since i am doing that closet anyhow would it be just as easy to break down the rest of the drywall so i can easily make the electrical changes? What do you think? Thanks!!!!
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
building a walk in closet
Reversing a Closet Door
Enclosing Oil Furnace In utility Closet - codes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!