I am not sure if this is the right forum if not then I am sorry.
I have a wall that has a small closet in it. I want to put a dresser on that wall and since its an extra closet I want to close it off. Is there anything i need to be worried and think about? Is it as simple as getting some 2x4's nailing in a top and bottom and supports up and down and then adding drywall. I know the wall will need to be finished as well but is there anything I am not thinking about?
Thanks in Advance,
Actually the space is not to be wasted!!! The other side of the wall is another room that will be the office when it gets cleaned out. That room has a closet on the same wall on the other end, so i was going to break the wall up on the other side and remove the closet doors in that room and essentially make the office bigger by 3 feet deep by 15 feet wide ...or something close to that. There is electrical to worry about but it will only be an issue when i deal with the other side of that wall ...the office side.
Thanks for your input!!!
Thanks for your input!!!
There isnt anything but electrical between the wall, all of th duct work is above in the attic and vents out from the ceiling. The pipes are all on the other side of the upstairs from where i am working, thats where the 2 bathroom are back to back. One side of the house is essentially bathrooms and the other side is the hallway with bedrooms. Now when i frame it in, i need to frame it back from the existing wall 1/4 of an inch or something correct? Is there a certain type of drywall i should get? Certanin size..1/4 do they make 1/2 I am new to this if that didnt tell ya!!!!
Thanks 1/2 it will be. I am wondering if I should take the rest of the drywall off that same wall too. The light switch goes to a wall outlet on that wall. I want that switch to turn a fan that I am going to install. This might be out of your area but I am wodering since i am doing that closet anyhow would it be just as easy to break down the rest of the drywall so i can easily make the electrical changes? What do you think? Thanks!!!!
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
building a walk in closet
Reversing a Closet Door
Enclosing Oil Furnace In utility Closet - codes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size