I am not sure if this is the right forum if not then I am sorry.
I have a wall that has a small closet in it. I want to put a dresser on that wall and since its an extra closet I want to close it off. Is there anything i need to be worried and think about? Is it as simple as getting some 2x4's nailing in a top and bottom and supports up and down and then adding drywall. I know the wall will need to be finished as well but is there anything I am not thinking about?
Thanks in Advance,
Actually the space is not to be wasted!!! The other side of the wall is another room that will be the office when it gets cleaned out. That room has a closet on the same wall on the other end, so i was going to break the wall up on the other side and remove the closet doors in that room and essentially make the office bigger by 3 feet deep by 15 feet wide ...or something close to that. There is electrical to worry about but it will only be an issue when i deal with the other side of that wall ...the office side.
Thanks for your input!!!
Thanks for your input!!!
There isnt anything but electrical between the wall, all of th duct work is above in the attic and vents out from the ceiling. The pipes are all on the other side of the upstairs from where i am working, thats where the 2 bathroom are back to back. One side of the house is essentially bathrooms and the other side is the hallway with bedrooms. Now when i frame it in, i need to frame it back from the existing wall 1/4 of an inch or something correct? Is there a certain type of drywall i should get? Certanin size..1/4 do they make 1/2 I am new to this if that didnt tell ya!!!!
Thanks 1/2 it will be. I am wondering if I should take the rest of the drywall off that same wall too. The light switch goes to a wall outlet on that wall. I want that switch to turn a fan that I am going to install. This might be out of your area but I am wodering since i am doing that closet anyhow would it be just as easy to break down the rest of the drywall so i can easily make the electrical changes? What do you think? Thanks!!!!
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
building a walk in closet
Reversing a Closet Door
Enclosing Oil Furnace In utility Closet - codes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees