Does anyone know where I can get a small set of wooden folding steps? I want to access a storage area that is behind a wall but is about 2 feet higher than the floor in the main room. I don't need the full attic folding stairs that are pulled down from the ceiling. I'd like to be able to open the door to the storate area and fold out the small steps on a piano hinge and then climb into the storage area. Any thoughts on where to buy either at a store or online?
I have a unique situation where I need some sort of folding or telescoping ladder, and wall mounted, as the storage area is just under the ceiling. I would like to apply an attic access ladder, but there is nowhere to mount the lift assists. The ladder has to be eight to ten feet tall, and fit over a doorway, an area about twenty-two inches tall. The ladder will be used to load cases of sodas so it will need to be able to hold up to at least 300 lbs. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!