Does anyone know where I can get a small set of wooden folding steps? I want to access a storage area that is behind a wall but is about 2 feet higher than the floor in the main room. I don't need the full attic folding stairs that are pulled down from the ceiling. I'd like to be able to open the door to the storate area and fold out the small steps on a piano hinge and then climb into the storage area. Any thoughts on where to buy either at a store or online?
I have a unique situation where I need some sort of folding or telescoping ladder, and wall mounted, as the storage area is just under the ceiling. I would like to apply an attic access ladder, but there is nowhere to mount the lift assists. The ladder has to be eight to ten feet tall, and fit over a doorway, an area about twenty-two inches tall. The ladder will be used to load cases of sodas so it will need to be able to hold up to at least 300 lbs. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!