My wife likes the look and color of real natural cedar siding...that is, when it is new and fresh and not turned to black...so basically she likes the look for the first one or two months the siding is new.
Our house has cedar siding, but it was always painted a color. 50 years later the siding is cracked and beyond repair. Time to replace.
I have seen down in beach communities the same cedar-style siding, but in painted fashion, molded in vinyl. I have also seen weathered-look siding (clapboard-style) made to look like faded paint or stain.
Does anyone make a cedar-look-alike siding that also has the color of unweathered natural cedar? It does not necessarily need to be vinyl, but I do not want to replace or paint or stain any of this again.
Thanks - TomR
Refinshing Cedar Siding
log cabin vinyl siding
Power Wash Cedar Barn Shakes Shingles What Power Mac...
Vinyl siding installation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects