My wife likes the look and color of real natural cedar siding...that is, when it is new and fresh and not turned to black...so basically she likes the look for the first one or two months the siding is new.
Our house has cedar siding, but it was always painted a color. 50 years later the siding is cracked and beyond repair. Time to replace.
I have seen down in beach communities the same cedar-style siding, but in painted fashion, molded in vinyl. I have also seen weathered-look siding (clapboard-style) made to look like faded paint or stain.
Does anyone make a cedar-look-alike siding that also has the color of unweathered natural cedar? It does not necessarily need to be vinyl, but I do not want to replace or paint or stain any of this again.
Thanks - TomR
Refinshing Cedar Siding
log cabin vinyl siding
Power Wash Cedar Barn Shakes Shingles What Power Mac...
Vinyl siding installation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Handy Household Uses for Vinegar
- 12 Easy Ways to Boost Bathroom Storage
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 10 Ways to Live Large in 400 Sq. Ft. or Less
- Brilliant New Uses for Old Wooden Doors