My wife likes the look and color of real natural cedar siding...that is, when it is new and fresh and not turned to black...so basically she likes the look for the first one or two months the siding is new.
Our house has cedar siding, but it was always painted a color. 50 years later the siding is cracked and beyond repair. Time to replace.
I have seen down in beach communities the same cedar-style siding, but in painted fashion, molded in vinyl. I have also seen weathered-look siding (clapboard-style) made to look like faded paint or stain.
Does anyone make a cedar-look-alike siding that also has the color of unweathered natural cedar? It does not necessarily need to be vinyl, but I do not want to replace or paint or stain any of this again.
Thanks - TomR
Refinshing Cedar Siding
Siding: Cedar vs Cement
Power Wash Cedar Barn Shakes Shingles What Power Mac...
Vinyl siding installation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers