I have a cabin in north Georgia. 700 square feet, basically sitting half on block foundation and other half exposted to ground.
I have since had the exposed area dug out and retaining wall put across the edge of the block foundation. My question is I want to add a new room below this area.Other cabins have just built a regular deck flooring then finished the room leaving underneath still open for who knows what to get underneath.It would be difficult for me to do concrete,and if I use joist and plywood, what can I safely use to keep moisture and critters from getting underneath. It will only be about 4 inches of the ground.I know the usual plastic as vapor but covering the sides without venting is my concern since its not concrete.thanks
Help -- Do I need a new foundation?
Slab foundation construction & pier question
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
Foundation for resin storage shed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight