I have a cabin in north Georgia. 700 square feet, basically sitting half on block foundation and other half exposted to ground.
I have since had the exposed area dug out and retaining wall put across the edge of the block foundation. My question is I want to add a new room below this area.Other cabins have just built a regular deck flooring then finished the room leaving underneath still open for who knows what to get underneath.It would be difficult for me to do concrete,and if I use joist and plywood, what can I safely use to keep moisture and critters from getting underneath. It will only be about 4 inches of the ground.I know the usual plastic as vapor but covering the sides without venting is my concern since its not concrete.thanks
Help -- Do I need a new foundation?
Slab foundation construction & pier question
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
Foundation for resin storage shed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects