I have a cabin in north Georgia. 700 square feet, basically sitting half on block foundation and other half exposted to ground.
I have since had the exposed area dug out and retaining wall put across the edge of the block foundation. My question is I want to add a new room below this area.Other cabins have just built a regular deck flooring then finished the room leaving underneath still open for who knows what to get underneath.It would be difficult for me to do concrete,and if I use joist and plywood, what can I safely use to keep moisture and critters from getting underneath. It will only be about 4 inches of the ground.I know the usual plastic as vapor but covering the sides without venting is my concern since its not concrete.thanks
Help -- Do I need a new foundation?
Slab foundation construction & pier question
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
Foundation for resin storage shed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers