I have a small cement block house, approx 20 X 32. The roofing system/ceiling is stick-built with 2X4 locust. There exists neither electrical wiring (old house) nor equipment in the attic. Some kicker supports are ran from the rafters to the joists in a few places.
Is it possible to remove the ceiling, joists and center, currently supporting, wall, making basically a one room structure, allowing the use of the rafters as an exposed-beam type ceiling? (to be boxed, insulated and finished) Or do I have to remove the roofing system and start over?
Please help with suggestions.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING