I have a small cement block house, approx 20 X 32. The roofing system/ceiling is stick-built with 2X4 locust. There exists neither electrical wiring (old house) nor equipment in the attic. Some kicker supports are ran from the rafters to the joists in a few places.
Is it possible to remove the ceiling, joists and center, currently supporting, wall, making basically a one room structure, allowing the use of the rafters as an exposed-beam type ceiling? (to be boxed, insulated and finished) Or do I have to remove the roofing system and start over?
Please help with suggestions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects