I have a house that has a large patio. My family is expanding and I want to use part of this for an additional room. The patio is a funny triangle shape and if I am going to do the work I want to maximize the return in both size and resale value. I currently have a flat roof over the patio. I am curious if anyone has any ideas if I want to square the area off.
Will it be easier to add on to the originally flat roof, add an addition roof at a higher level, or anything that might apply? I wouldn't mind any different ideas. If things work out properly I want to make this area a bathroom so any kind of glass ideas would be neat.
If I were to square the whole area off it would be 23'x20'x15'. With the long end running parallel to the existing house.
I live in south Florida so hurricane ratings apply. I appreciate all of your help.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight