I have a house that has a large patio. My family is expanding and I want to use part of this for an additional room. The patio is a funny triangle shape and if I am going to do the work I want to maximize the return in both size and resale value. I currently have a flat roof over the patio. I am curious if anyone has any ideas if I want to square the area off.
Will it be easier to add on to the originally flat roof, add an addition roof at a higher level, or anything that might apply? I wouldn't mind any different ideas. If things work out properly I want to make this area a bathroom so any kind of glass ideas would be neat.
If I were to square the whole area off it would be 23'x20'x15'. With the long end running parallel to the existing house.
I live in south Florida so hurricane ratings apply. I appreciate all of your help.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers