I have a house that has a large patio. My family is expanding and I want to use part of this for an additional room. The patio is a funny triangle shape and if I am going to do the work I want to maximize the return in both size and resale value. I currently have a flat roof over the patio. I am curious if anyone has any ideas if I want to square the area off.
Will it be easier to add on to the originally flat roof, add an addition roof at a higher level, or anything that might apply? I wouldn't mind any different ideas. If things work out properly I want to make this area a bathroom so any kind of glass ideas would be neat.
If I were to square the whole area off it would be 23'x20'x15'. With the long end running parallel to the existing house.
I live in south Florida so hurricane ratings apply. I appreciate all of your help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects