Help!Foam blocks filled with concrete
Any other thoughts on them?
Best site to learn about this stuff is:
This link is also a great source of info:
I'm in the process of finishing my own ICF house. Aside from some issues with the contractor not quite being able to lay the blocks straight and plumb I've been happy. You get a tremendous insulation value, no air leaks, great soundproofing. The house is tornado-proof (for the most part), soundproof, bulletproof , etc...
They do take a bit of planning and depending on the type of block you go with they're more expensive than a stick built house.
There are 2 main types of blocks. Flat wall and waffle-blocks. Waffle blocks are my preference because they have more foam, less concrete and therefore insulate better. They're called waffle blocks because if you pull the foam off, the concrete is a series of posts and beams with a web in-between (it looks like a waffle-grid).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!