Help!Foam blocks filled with concrete
Any other thoughts on them?
Best site to learn about this stuff is:
This link is also a great source of info:
I'm in the process of finishing my own ICF house. Aside from some issues with the contractor not quite being able to lay the blocks straight and plumb I've been happy. You get a tremendous insulation value, no air leaks, great soundproofing. The house is tornado-proof (for the most part), soundproof, bulletproof , etc...
They do take a bit of planning and depending on the type of block you go with they're more expensive than a stick built house.
There are 2 main types of blocks. Flat wall and waffle-blocks. Waffle blocks are my preference because they have more foam, less concrete and therefore insulate better. They're called waffle blocks because if you pull the foam off, the concrete is a series of posts and beams with a web in-between (it looks like a waffle-grid).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips