Help!Foam blocks filled with concrete
Any other thoughts on them?
Best site to learn about this stuff is:
This link is also a great source of info:
I'm in the process of finishing my own ICF house. Aside from some issues with the contractor not quite being able to lay the blocks straight and plumb I've been happy. You get a tremendous insulation value, no air leaks, great soundproofing. The house is tornado-proof (for the most part), soundproof, bulletproof , etc...
They do take a bit of planning and depending on the type of block you go with they're more expensive than a stick built house.
There are 2 main types of blocks. Flat wall and waffle-blocks. Waffle blocks are my preference because they have more foam, less concrete and therefore insulate better. They're called waffle blocks because if you pull the foam off, the concrete is a series of posts and beams with a web in-between (it looks like a waffle-grid).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight