Help!Foam blocks filled with concrete
Any other thoughts on them?
Best site to learn about this stuff is:
This link is also a great source of info:
I'm in the process of finishing my own ICF house. Aside from some issues with the contractor not quite being able to lay the blocks straight and plumb I've been happy. You get a tremendous insulation value, no air leaks, great soundproofing. The house is tornado-proof (for the most part), soundproof, bulletproof , etc...
They do take a bit of planning and depending on the type of block you go with they're more expensive than a stick built house.
There are 2 main types of blocks. Flat wall and waffle-blocks. Waffle blocks are my preference because they have more foam, less concrete and therefore insulate better. They're called waffle blocks because if you pull the foam off, the concrete is a series of posts and beams with a web in-between (it looks like a waffle-grid).
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers