I am redoing a bathroom that is attached to a post and beam bedroom. The existing beams are mahogany stained 4" x 8" doug fir. I need two beams that are 4" x 20' long to continue the look, but I can't find doug fir in that length and dimensions. Is there a distributor/contact that can ship me faux beams with a mahogany finish (rough sawn would be preferred) or unfinished and I will match the beams with stain?? The chain stores and lumber yards don't carry this item and have no contacts to put me onto.
Out of luck in NJ/PA!!
You can find faux beams on the internet by doing a search. Here is one that I located.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers