I am redoing a bathroom that is attached to a post and beam bedroom. The existing beams are mahogany stained 4" x 8" doug fir. I need two beams that are 4" x 20' long to continue the look, but I can't find doug fir in that length and dimensions. Is there a distributor/contact that can ship me faux beams with a mahogany finish (rough sawn would be preferred) or unfinished and I will match the beams with stain?? The chain stores and lumber yards don't carry this item and have no contacts to put me onto.
Out of luck in NJ/PA!!
You can find faux beams on the internet by doing a search. Here is one that I located.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!