ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FINISH DRYWALL WINDOW SILLS? ESPECIALLY THE OUTSIDE CORNERS. WE HAVE A BASIC TRACT HOME WITH FLAT WINDOWS(NOTHING FANCY). SHOULDN'T THERE BE SOME METAL STRIPING ON THE CORNERS? DO YOU COVER THAT WITH PLASTER OR JOINT COMPOUND?? THNX.
There should be a metal or plastic corner bead installed on the corner, followed by several coats of joint compound. The corners can be sharp or rounded depending on the type of bead used.
The easy way is to use the pre-formed 'No-Coat' system. Pretty foolproof and does not use a separate corner bead since it comes inside the pre-formed corners. Uses only wall compound (no nails/screws). Comes in rounded and square corners> http://www.no-coat.com/splash_intro.htm
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight