Land purchased- now what? Also- modular homes in NE US recs.
Congratulations on your new land purchase!
As far as modular home manufacturers in NEPA, there are several. Three of which that are right in the Scranton area are Simplex, Signature, and Sun Building Systems. I don't believe that any of these manufacturers sell directly to the public, which means you would need to find a builder who does the modular finishing. Any of the three can refer you to a local builder with whom you can discuss options, pricing, etc. I'm pretty sure that all of these companies DO offer customized plans as each has an in-house engineering department. Another company that I'm aware of is Shorten Homes. They are actually the builder and they do all the finishing work themselves. They have an extensive model lot on Route 6 in Dickson City.
My best advice is research both the builder and the manufacturer before you make any decisions. And ALWAYS read the contract, ask lots of questions and be aware of all options.
By the size of your lot, I'd imagine you may want a house that would fit on a narrow property. A reputable company should be able to customize floorplans, etc.
We spent about 7 months researching different mod. mfg'ers and visited four different factories. Next week we will be placing our order with Ritz-Craft whose HQ is somewhere in PA. I visited the Ritz-Craft MI factory last week and was quite impressed. As for pricing they beat most others (at least in the two-story market). You might want to give them a look.
Chelsea Modular Homes
Some include foundation, if I am not mistaken. We have decided to get a turn-key package, and we don't want to exceed $160,000. Which style are you going with? Our problem is the 90' wide lot. According to the zoning rules, we can fit a 40' wide home comfortably. The land goes back quite a ways, it is a full acre. Any info you'd like to share? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects