Land purchased- now what? Also- modular homes in NE US recs.
Congratulations on your new land purchase!
As far as modular home manufacturers in NEPA, there are several. Three of which that are right in the Scranton area are Simplex, Signature, and Sun Building Systems. I don't believe that any of these manufacturers sell directly to the public, which means you would need to find a builder who does the modular finishing. Any of the three can refer you to a local builder with whom you can discuss options, pricing, etc. I'm pretty sure that all of these companies DO offer customized plans as each has an in-house engineering department. Another company that I'm aware of is Shorten Homes. They are actually the builder and they do all the finishing work themselves. They have an extensive model lot on Route 6 in Dickson City.
My best advice is research both the builder and the manufacturer before you make any decisions. And ALWAYS read the contract, ask lots of questions and be aware of all options.
By the size of your lot, I'd imagine you may want a house that would fit on a narrow property. A reputable company should be able to customize floorplans, etc.
We spent about 7 months researching different mod. mfg'ers and visited four different factories. Next week we will be placing our order with Ritz-Craft whose HQ is somewhere in PA. I visited the Ritz-Craft MI factory last week and was quite impressed. As for pricing they beat most others (at least in the two-story market). You might want to give them a look.
Chelsea Modular Homes
Some include foundation, if I am not mistaken. We have decided to get a turn-key package, and we don't want to exceed $160,000. Which style are you going with? Our problem is the 90' wide lot. According to the zoning rules, we can fit a 40' wide home comfortably. The land goes back quite a ways, it is a full acre. Any info you'd like to share? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!