back porch slab support
I was wondering if anyone knew the most economical,but secure way to support an outdoor raised slab with a block foundation.This will be used as a back porch 12x16 but eventually it will be enclosed and I would like to have access underneith it.What type of joists and structure do I need to hold the concrete and how thick?
Normally you do not use joists to support a concrete slab. The slab is formed up and temporary shoring is installed to support it for 30 days while the concrete cures. After the concrete has cured for 30 days the shoring is removed. Steel rebar is used in the slab when it is poured to strengthen and support the concrete after the shoring is removed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!