Modular vs. Stick-built
Some modulars use low cost mobile home type trims and cabinets or doors, while others use materials that can rival any site built custom home so you may not be making equal comparisons.
As for the home itself, a number of todays modular homes would not be ourwardly distinguishable as a modular. They are not all just boxy ranches with low pitched roofs. In fact, many of the homes that leave the plant in which I work are sprawling two stories with walk up attics, 9' ceilings, and 12/12 roof lines. Generally, most people confuse modular homes with manufactured homes. They are two compeltely different structures built under completely different sets of systems approvals. Manufactured homes (trailers, basically) are built under HUD code, while modular manufacturer built houses according to systems approval packages based on each state the home is going to.
So, my long winded answer to your question would be that there really is no rule of thumb when it comes to modular resale. The cost savings came during the construction process.
Hope that helps.
There is a stigma associated with modular homes that is mostly based on confusion. The mobile home is NOT a stick built modular home.
When buying a modular home be certain of the following;
1)The builder is reputable and willing to answer all of your questions.
2)The home comes with a warranty.
3)The modular home building plant has been visited and verified by the experienced builder as being of the highest quality in workmanship.
4)The home will be crane set on a permanent foundation.
Please visit www.SupremeModular.com for all the information you will need before making your decision.
The advice this website supplies is free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY