Modular vs. Stick-built
Some modulars use low cost mobile home type trims and cabinets or doors, while others use materials that can rival any site built custom home so you may not be making equal comparisons.
As for the home itself, a number of todays modular homes would not be ourwardly distinguishable as a modular. They are not all just boxy ranches with low pitched roofs. In fact, many of the homes that leave the plant in which I work are sprawling two stories with walk up attics, 9' ceilings, and 12/12 roof lines. Generally, most people confuse modular homes with manufactured homes. They are two compeltely different structures built under completely different sets of systems approvals. Manufactured homes (trailers, basically) are built under HUD code, while modular manufacturer built houses according to systems approval packages based on each state the home is going to.
So, my long winded answer to your question would be that there really is no rule of thumb when it comes to modular resale. The cost savings came during the construction process.
Hope that helps.
There is a stigma associated with modular homes that is mostly based on confusion. The mobile home is NOT a stick built modular home.
When buying a modular home be certain of the following;
1)The builder is reputable and willing to answer all of your questions.
2)The home comes with a warranty.
3)The modular home building plant has been visited and verified by the experienced builder as being of the highest quality in workmanship.
4)The home will be crane set on a permanent foundation.
Please visit www.SupremeModular.com for all the information you will need before making your decision.
The advice this website supplies is free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees