Modular vs. Stick-built
Some modulars use low cost mobile home type trims and cabinets or doors, while others use materials that can rival any site built custom home so you may not be making equal comparisons.
As for the home itself, a number of todays modular homes would not be ourwardly distinguishable as a modular. They are not all just boxy ranches with low pitched roofs. In fact, many of the homes that leave the plant in which I work are sprawling two stories with walk up attics, 9' ceilings, and 12/12 roof lines. Generally, most people confuse modular homes with manufactured homes. They are two compeltely different structures built under completely different sets of systems approvals. Manufactured homes (trailers, basically) are built under HUD code, while modular manufacturer built houses according to systems approval packages based on each state the home is going to.
So, my long winded answer to your question would be that there really is no rule of thumb when it comes to modular resale. The cost savings came during the construction process.
Hope that helps.
There is a stigma associated with modular homes that is mostly based on confusion. The mobile home is NOT a stick built modular home.
When buying a modular home be certain of the following;
1)The builder is reputable and willing to answer all of your questions.
2)The home comes with a warranty.
3)The modular home building plant has been visited and verified by the experienced builder as being of the highest quality in workmanship.
4)The home will be crane set on a permanent foundation.
Please visit www.SupremeModular.com for all the information you will need before making your decision.
The advice this website supplies is free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!