We have a 62 yr old home that is 693 sq.ft. on main floor and 612 sq.ft. basement with attatched garage of 220 sq.ft. with land that we can use to build onto . We are wanting to know if it is possible to turn the existing attatched garage into a dining room and then square off the house to build on another bedroom with bathroom to the existing structure. We also would want to put a 2 car detatched garage on the lot.
We are not sure of cost or if we are smarter to sell our home and purchase a newer home with what we are looking for. Does any one know of a reliable contractor who could tell us if this is cost effective to do with this old of a house? Or has anyone done this? Please let us know.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!