I have painted my kitchen cabinets and threw away the horrible, old hardware. Much to my dismay the cabinet handles are 2 3/4 inches as opposed to the standard 3 inch handles. Any ideas on where I could find this size. I have had no luck at stores and very little luck on line.
It sounds like you might have actually 70mm on center handles. Both 70mm and 90mm are popular "metric" sizes. if they are truly 2-3/4 you'll probably be able to find a 70mm style with a built in "escutcheon" (sorry about spelling) style that will make up for the slightest difference in the metric to us difference. I realize your post is old and you prob. aren't still checking, but **********, *****, and most retailers offer metric selections (albiet limited) that could suit your needs.
Odd sized cabinet handles are really a cause of worry. But I think you should contact some of the closet designers for this. I got 3 1/4 inch cabinet handles from the designers only. They got those on request from some other vendors and those are doing marvelous till now. Amazing those are. Thanks for the post. You may contact closets NYC.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING