I moved into a 1998 Post and Beam home in New England. I have been in it for 4 months.
When I first moved in I noticed the normal "settling" noises. But over the last 4 months there has been one noise that is happening more and more, and almost seems louder. There is an attached two car garage. It sounds like someone is hitting the wall with an object, like a thud. It only seems to happen near the garage/house connection, but now happens much more often, and seems to be getting louder. I have nothing in the garage up against that wall, and I have not noticed any settling marks/spots/ since I have moved in?
I am a bit at a loss, and somewhat concerned this noise is happening much more often and almost getting louder? Granted we have gotten about 10 inches of rain this monh, and there are definitely some wet/saturated spots around the house ,and around one corner of the garage outside. No water has come in the garage or the basement.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING