I moved into a 1998 Post and Beam home in New England. I have been in it for 4 months.
When I first moved in I noticed the normal "settling" noises. But over the last 4 months there has been one noise that is happening more and more, and almost seems louder. There is an attached two car garage. It sounds like someone is hitting the wall with an object, like a thud. It only seems to happen near the garage/house connection, but now happens much more often, and seems to be getting louder. I have nothing in the garage up against that wall, and I have not noticed any settling marks/spots/ since I have moved in?
I am a bit at a loss, and somewhat concerned this noise is happening much more often and almost getting louder? Granted we have gotten about 10 inches of rain this monh, and there are definitely some wet/saturated spots around the house ,and around one corner of the garage outside. No water has come in the garage or the basement.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love