I moved into a 1998 Post and Beam home in New England. I have been in it for 4 months.
When I first moved in I noticed the normal "settling" noises. But over the last 4 months there has been one noise that is happening more and more, and almost seems louder. There is an attached two car garage. It sounds like someone is hitting the wall with an object, like a thud. It only seems to happen near the garage/house connection, but now happens much more often, and seems to be getting louder. I have nothing in the garage up against that wall, and I have not noticed any settling marks/spots/ since I have moved in?
I am a bit at a loss, and somewhat concerned this noise is happening much more often and almost getting louder? Granted we have gotten about 10 inches of rain this monh, and there are definitely some wet/saturated spots around the house ,and around one corner of the garage outside. No water has come in the garage or the basement.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips