I moved into a 1998 Post and Beam home in New England. I have been in it for 4 months.
When I first moved in I noticed the normal "settling" noises. But over the last 4 months there has been one noise that is happening more and more, and almost seems louder. There is an attached two car garage. It sounds like someone is hitting the wall with an object, like a thud. It only seems to happen near the garage/house connection, but now happens much more often, and seems to be getting louder. I have nothing in the garage up against that wall, and I have not noticed any settling marks/spots/ since I have moved in?
I am a bit at a loss, and somewhat concerned this noise is happening much more often and almost getting louder? Granted we have gotten about 10 inches of rain this monh, and there are definitely some wet/saturated spots around the house ,and around one corner of the garage outside. No water has come in the garage or the basement.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects