I moved into a 1998 Post and Beam home in New England. I have been in it for 4 months.
When I first moved in I noticed the normal "settling" noises. But over the last 4 months there has been one noise that is happening more and more, and almost seems louder. There is an attached two car garage. It sounds like someone is hitting the wall with an object, like a thud. It only seems to happen near the garage/house connection, but now happens much more often, and seems to be getting louder. I have nothing in the garage up against that wall, and I have not noticed any settling marks/spots/ since I have moved in?
I am a bit at a loss, and somewhat concerned this noise is happening much more often and almost getting louder? Granted we have gotten about 10 inches of rain this monh, and there are definitely some wet/saturated spots around the house ,and around one corner of the garage outside. No water has come in the garage or the basement.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers