Thank you for your insightful posts.
I spent the last year running around in circles with all the steel home builders. The dance is always the same--We do custom---until you send them your plans. Then the attempt to put my square peg into their round hole. Anyway is it possible in today's steel world to get a simple red iron post and beam fabrication cut list with a engineer stamp for a reasonable cost? Ten foot posts with a perimeter beams all around and a hip roof sitting on top of a rectangle. this is not complicated stuff or so I thought. Why steel with these headaches? I'm building in the tropics--hurricanes, earthquakes, termites and a buddy and I are doing the building. There are no cranes where I'll be. I need to be able to put up each piece one at a time. They way they used to build!
Any info, referrals, engineers, folks that moonlight, directions or whatever would be incredibly helpful. I'm also in California trying to pack a container!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love