Thank you for your insightful posts.
I spent the last year running around in circles with all the steel home builders. The dance is always the same--We do custom---until you send them your plans. Then the attempt to put my square peg into their round hole. Anyway is it possible in today's steel world to get a simple red iron post and beam fabrication cut list with a engineer stamp for a reasonable cost? Ten foot posts with a perimeter beams all around and a hip roof sitting on top of a rectangle. this is not complicated stuff or so I thought. Why steel with these headaches? I'm building in the tropics--hurricanes, earthquakes, termites and a buddy and I are doing the building. There are no cranes where I'll be. I need to be able to put up each piece one at a time. They way they used to build!
Any info, referrals, engineers, folks that moonlight, directions or whatever would be incredibly helpful. I'm also in California trying to pack a container!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers