Thank you for your insightful posts.
I spent the last year running around in circles with all the steel home builders. The dance is always the same--We do custom---until you send them your plans. Then the attempt to put my square peg into their round hole. Anyway is it possible in today's steel world to get a simple red iron post and beam fabrication cut list with a engineer stamp for a reasonable cost? Ten foot posts with a perimeter beams all around and a hip roof sitting on top of a rectangle. this is not complicated stuff or so I thought. Why steel with these headaches? I'm building in the tropics--hurricanes, earthquakes, termites and a buddy and I are doing the building. There are no cranes where I'll be. I need to be able to put up each piece one at a time. They way they used to build!
Any info, referrals, engineers, folks that moonlight, directions or whatever would be incredibly helpful. I'm also in California trying to pack a container!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!