I'm considering building my first home. I've toured several Modular facilities in my area and have narrowed it down to one or possibly two construction companies.
I like the short time from design to move-in. I also like the fact that they are built in an environment controlled facility. Especially when I have a desired move-in date of late March or early April.
But then I started reading about SIPs and they make a lot of sense to me for energy efficiency and flexibility.
So can anyone give me a solid reason to choose one over the other?
Is there a reason it seems no modular companies use SIPs construction?
Thanks for an knowledgable input you can offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!