This is for an in-ground pool cover application. Tired of dealing with the water bags and messy cover every spring. Wife doesn't want the snap-lock fasteners drilled into the patio so those Rhino covers aren't going to work.
Thinking about fabricating removable 4' wide by 16' long panels, in much the same manner I would frame a wall - pressure treated 2x4's 16"OC with 3/4 plywood top. The pool is 12' wide by 22' long. I would need to fabricate 6 of these panels, lay them out over the pool to form a rigid cover, and (re)move in the spring time and stack somewhere in the yard.
Would like to use 2x4s as the overall thickness of the panels would be easier to store as well as lighter to remove, move and re-install each autumn.
Question is, I live in the north east, (NYC suburb) where we have snow fall. Would the PT 2x4s be able to handle the snow load, and my(240lbs) body walking across?
Any insight is appreciated,
Steel studs to concrete floor
Plate glass window
PT 2x4 Load Rating
Removing the block between studs in load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!