ANY help with this would be appreciated!! We have a ranch home, with an unfinished walk-out basement (the house is built into a hill). We bought it at the end of the summer, 2000, so this is will only be our second full summer in the house. Last summer we had a ton of centipedes in our basement... they'd scatter at night if you turn a light on down there! We have already seen a few around the heat vents upstairs already this year.
Is there any way (besides paying an exterminator 3 times a year to spray) that we can get rid of them? Do the electronic plug-in units work?
We want to finish the basement into a family room, but the thought of having those bugs in there creeps me out!
Tigerstripe in PA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight