ANY help with this would be appreciated!! We have a ranch home, with an unfinished walk-out basement (the house is built into a hill). We bought it at the end of the summer, 2000, so this is will only be our second full summer in the house. Last summer we had a ton of centipedes in our basement... they'd scatter at night if you turn a light on down there! We have already seen a few around the heat vents upstairs already this year.
Is there any way (besides paying an exterminator 3 times a year to spray) that we can get rid of them? Do the electronic plug-in units work?
We want to finish the basement into a family room, but the thought of having those bugs in there creeps me out!
Tigerstripe in PA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!