ANY help with this would be appreciated!! We have a ranch home, with an unfinished walk-out basement (the house is built into a hill). We bought it at the end of the summer, 2000, so this is will only be our second full summer in the house. Last summer we had a ton of centipedes in our basement... they'd scatter at night if you turn a light on down there! We have already seen a few around the heat vents upstairs already this year.
Is there any way (besides paying an exterminator 3 times a year to spray) that we can get rid of them? Do the electronic plug-in units work?
We want to finish the basement into a family room, but the thought of having those bugs in there creeps me out!
Tigerstripe in PA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers