The front of my home has been taken over by carpenter bees. They have drilled holes in the trim of my house. I can't find any help on what kind of pesticide to use. I've been told that I need to replace the wood trim around my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.
I know this is a little late, but I just saw your note. We had a really bad carpenter bee problem with our cedar shingle siding. No pesticide worked so we bought a jar of cayenne pepper, made a watery paste with it, and painted it on the areas the bees were interested in. It worked like a dream.
Just read your post about carpenter bees. Don't know that I have the answer but we did have very large numbers of the carpenter bees in SE TX and they did extensive damage to the facia boards, and others, on the house. Tried many remedies but none worked or they weren't really feasible to do. There were thousands of holes I'd estimate. And the Pileated Wood Peckers tore the dickens out of the house getting at the larvae. We replaced the wood with pressure treated lumber and now the bees act as if it tastes bad to them. Can't say for sure if this is the solution but it certainly APPEARS to be one for the time being. Of course pressure treated lumber is nasty stuff to work with from a personal health perspective and you must be really careful to read the directions on handling it and follow them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love