The most likely cause (if it's soot) is from the furnace, either genreated from the fuel or brought in from the outside air. I recommend that you have an analysis done. Go to iaqa.com and find a CIE or AIHA and find a CIH to do an indoor air analysis. It may be minor, but you have a problem that needs professional attention for the sake of the kids, if for no other reason.
I would definitely get the situation checked out by a pro.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
cleaning soot from paint
Soot in the Interior apt
How do you get soot off of light/fan fixture in bath...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!