GETTING RID OF MOLES IN YARD
1. Body traps, must be used right, illegal in some states, yecchy to some folks
2. Sonic pest chasers- works temporarily until the varmits get used to it
3. Poison smoker. Can't recall what the real name is, but they are sold at Home Depot. They have a fuse you light, shove it in the tunnel, cover the tunnel. Had to use about six at one time (had a BAD mole problem)first of last year, haven't had a problem since.
Usually when people have moles they think there are tons of them in their yard crawling around. In fact, there are about 1-2 moles per acre. They can dig 200' of tunnels per day.
If you check out your areas cooperative extension web-site they will explain how to set these traps. Please don't pour poison or moth balls into your yard, it is not healthy for you and it is illegal.
One other step to take is to eliminate their reason for being in your yard. They are looking for grubs, mainly. In the spring you can sprinkle milky spore powder over your yard which will kill the grubs, that eventually turn into Japanese Beetles. This is sold at Home Depot and is easy to research online.
Ask the Pro
Nuisance Wildlife Solutions
ps look for me at the local hame depot dressas bob vila singing autographs for anyone woho wnats one
Usign a grub killer will not get rid of the moles.
And smoke boambs, poisioned peanuts, and the like don't have any affect.
There are a couple of ways to get rid of them.
Traps - need to be sure know which are the active runs and how to place them.
Mole SPECIFIC posions - these are fairly new - they use an INSECT BASED bait to carry the posion. Don't remember the name of any off hand.
Contact your County Cooperative Extension SErvice and get a recommendation about which products are available in your area and which work.
AFTER you get rid of this batch then you can use a repellant. They are castor oil based and there are some DIY recipes that you can find on the internet. Names like Mole BeGone and Mole Go.
But you need to get rid of them first and the repellents need to be periodically reapplied.
Got a stick from yard, poked a hole in each tunnel, dropped some in.
1 ana half acres.
I thought about it some.
I worked 2 to 3 Different spots in each live tunnel, as in if not there then here moley moley, taking care to not make a mess in the tunnel, cover up holes through from top with hole, patch of grass....
Killed every danged one went after.
I know this by no new mole tunnels.
After a while, after no new perceived activity pressed the old ones down.
Still no new ones.
So there it is.
You have to work multiple spots in live tunnels and take care to leave them as undisturbed, moley pristine as possible.. with the addition of your mole care package piles of yum yum night nights.
Which means you gotta think about, be methodical, get out there on the spot(s) and take care of business.
And after not too long at all there won't be any more business to take care of.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda