So this is a fun one... I'm working on - okay, reconstructing - my house and it is just about down to the studs... we've discovered carpenter ants - lots of them - eating big holes in the side of the house (it's a wood frame house) all the way to the shingles... we set out Terro traps, about 3 weeks ago, but yesterday, I saw quite a few walking around during the day and they were no where near the bait... my question is this: what do I do and in what order do I do it? Do I replace the damaged wood, then call the exterminator, or call first, replace and then call again, just to be safe? Too, it looks like they are all over the backyard - in the wood fence posts and in a neighbor's tree, what do I do about this? Help please!!!! Thank you.
I'm certainly not a pro exterminator, but I can buy most of their chemicals and get good information at www.bugspray.com . They have an excellent article on carpenter ants and some things you can buy that might be better than what you can get at the grocery store. Give them a try, I think you will go back to deal with any other pests that crop up.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!