Help! there are holes on the top soil of almost all of my houseplants in my first floor living areas. The openings are about the size of a quarter and looks as though something has burrowed down into them. Have tried digging through to find out what, soaked with water, etc. but they eventually appear again. Any idea what this could be? Do mice do this?
well I have lived here for 4 years and had the same plants for the same amount of time but never have I seen this until this year. We get field mice all the time and have to put traps out but had not seen any in my plants.
My first thought was kids doing it. That's been the case anytime I have found holes in my flower pots.
It seems that you have some pests in your home that do all that damage to your plants. When I had a similar problem with mice, I searched online and found a pest control company. They are specialized in bugs and pests eradication. They didn't use any substances that are dangerous to humans and I've never had mice in my house ever since.
I have that issue with my Marigolds and Petunias outside. It's a squirrel! He has been caught eating on the Cosmos plant as well. They are fresh out from winter hibernation and they tend to go after leafy plants in the spring, then move on to nuts and seeds in the summer.
I discovered this today. It's the end of Sept, so it shouldn't be the suggestion of a squirrel, not to mention, the hole is too small...and I have no trees around me. It isn't kids, as I have none. No cats, and the dog can't get on top of my desk. Settled the dirt and filled with water, Nothing. Any idea what it is??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs