I just bought a house that has been vacant for 2 years or more. I have not seen any small cockroaches but there are redish brown roaches that are anywhere from an inch long to 1 1/2 in. long. What are they and how do I kill them? I have never had roaches before.
Most probably they are cockroaches too cause as you said the house was been abandoned for years. Try to have over all cleaning and making sure all those are killed an gone. Try to use insect/bugs repellant solutions to eliminate them.
sound's like you're probably going to having to bomb the house of roaches. any home improvement store will have it. but as far as killing one of those suckers on spot, i use "raid" it works great. spray it right on the bug.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight