I just bought a house that has been vacant for 2 years or more. I have not seen any small cockroaches but there are redish brown roaches that are anywhere from an inch long to 1 1/2 in. long. What are they and how do I kill them? I have never had roaches before.
Most probably they are cockroaches too cause as you said the house was been abandoned for years. Try to have over all cleaning and making sure all those are killed an gone. Try to use insect/bugs repellant solutions to eliminate them.
sound's like you're probably going to having to bomb the house of roaches. any home improvement store will have it. but as far as killing one of those suckers on spot, i use "raid" it works great. spray it right on the bug.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!