There is no quick-fix when it comes to repairing problems that are water related. (As I just wrote to another poster, remember the story about the Dutch kid and the leaky dike??? Use that as a guide to quick-fixes ...)
Find out HOW the water is getting into the crack. Do you have the wrong slopage outside the foundation? Are you missing gutters or downspouts, or are they incorrectly hung? Is the water running OVER or BEHIND the gutter when it rains? Do you have dripedge installed? Are the downspouts carring water at least 3' from the foundation?
Water issues are BEST-addressed OUTSIDE the structure. If you address it from the inside, well, it's already inside. Water can do AMAZING damage even when it's under a little pressure.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
interior vs. exterior drain tile on clay soil in flo...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes