There is no quick-fix when it comes to repairing problems that are water related. (As I just wrote to another poster, remember the story about the Dutch kid and the leaky dike??? Use that as a guide to quick-fixes ...)
Find out HOW the water is getting into the crack. Do you have the wrong slopage outside the foundation? Are you missing gutters or downspouts, or are they incorrectly hung? Is the water running OVER or BEHIND the gutter when it rains? Do you have dripedge installed? Are the downspouts carring water at least 3' from the foundation?
Water issues are BEST-addressed OUTSIDE the structure. If you address it from the inside, well, it's already inside. Water can do AMAZING damage even when it's under a little pressure.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
interior vs. exterior drain tile on clay soil in flo...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them