There is no quick-fix when it comes to repairing problems that are water related. (As I just wrote to another poster, remember the story about the Dutch kid and the leaky dike??? Use that as a guide to quick-fixes ...)
Find out HOW the water is getting into the crack. Do you have the wrong slopage outside the foundation? Are you missing gutters or downspouts, or are they incorrectly hung? Is the water running OVER or BEHIND the gutter when it rains? Do you have dripedge installed? Are the downspouts carring water at least 3' from the foundation?
Water issues are BEST-addressed OUTSIDE the structure. If you address it from the inside, well, it's already inside. Water can do AMAZING damage even when it's under a little pressure.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
interior vs. exterior drain tile on clay soil in flo...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates