Pros and Cons of Pre-Cast Foundations
Custom builders don't use them and rely instead on tried and true poured concrete foundations or concrete block foundations.
Superior walls have their limitations among which are their inability to be altered to, for example, add windows, doors, or other modifications to the basement.
Every Superior Walls foundation is custom designed for each particular house. There are no openings or configurations that cannot be made for your next foundation.
In the Cincinnati area, Superior Walls were first adopted by very high-end custom home builders for probably the very same reason that modular builders in "homebild"'s area use them: SUperior Walls are a better foundation in every aspect than poured-in-place, block, or ICF - period.
The limitation on their use by your next homebuilder is ignorance of the product.
In addition, the custom builder who has part ownership in the local cincinnati franchise has had to declare bankruptcy from losing a lawsuit over the Superior Wall system.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes