Pros and Cons of Pre-Cast Foundations
Custom builders don't use them and rely instead on tried and true poured concrete foundations or concrete block foundations.
Superior walls have their limitations among which are their inability to be altered to, for example, add windows, doors, or other modifications to the basement.
Every Superior Walls foundation is custom designed for each particular house. There are no openings or configurations that cannot be made for your next foundation.
In the Cincinnati area, Superior Walls were first adopted by very high-end custom home builders for probably the very same reason that modular builders in "homebild"'s area use them: SUperior Walls are a better foundation in every aspect than poured-in-place, block, or ICF - period.
The limitation on their use by your next homebuilder is ignorance of the product.
In addition, the custom builder who has part ownership in the local cincinnati franchise has had to declare bankruptcy from losing a lawsuit over the Superior Wall system.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers