FOUNDATION CRACK/CLAY SOIL
First, please don't 'shout'. Using all capital letters makes posts hard to read. I read enough of them that I don't need a capital headache. Usually, I skip these posts but, tonight, you caught me before I got my headache. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
The recommendations you rec'd are all reasonable. I suggest you hire a Structural Engineer to give you the BEST advice. The Contractors all have a specific 'interest' in what they're recommending. The $$$ you spend on an Engineer will be $$ well spent. As you can see, you're being quoted 1000's of $$$ by Contractors. Spending a few 100 $$$s on an Engineer will be $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Architects know Structural Engineers if you can't find one in the phone book ...
PPS: God Bless America!
My impression is that you may only need your walls pointed up - maybe a couple grand or so, depending on the size of the house and condition of the mortar.
And please check to be sure that your caps key is working right before you use forums.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees