FOUNDATION CRACK/CLAY SOIL
First, please don't 'shout'. Using all capital letters makes posts hard to read. I read enough of them that I don't need a capital headache. Usually, I skip these posts but, tonight, you caught me before I got my headache. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
The recommendations you rec'd are all reasonable. I suggest you hire a Structural Engineer to give you the BEST advice. The Contractors all have a specific 'interest' in what they're recommending. The $$$ you spend on an Engineer will be $$ well spent. As you can see, you're being quoted 1000's of $$$ by Contractors. Spending a few 100 $$$s on an Engineer will be $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Architects know Structural Engineers if you can't find one in the phone book ...
PPS: God Bless America!
My impression is that you may only need your walls pointed up - maybe a couple grand or so, depending on the size of the house and condition of the mortar.
And please check to be sure that your caps key is working right before you use forums.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY