FOUNDATION CRACK/CLAY SOIL
First, please don't 'shout'. Using all capital letters makes posts hard to read. I read enough of them that I don't need a capital headache. Usually, I skip these posts but, tonight, you caught me before I got my headache. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
The recommendations you rec'd are all reasonable. I suggest you hire a Structural Engineer to give you the BEST advice. The Contractors all have a specific 'interest' in what they're recommending. The $$$ you spend on an Engineer will be $$ well spent. As you can see, you're being quoted 1000's of $$$ by Contractors. Spending a few 100 $$$s on an Engineer will be $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Architects know Structural Engineers if you can't find one in the phone book ...
PPS: God Bless America!
My impression is that you may only need your walls pointed up - maybe a couple grand or so, depending on the size of the house and condition of the mortar.
And please check to be sure that your caps key is working right before you use forums.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs