FOUNDATION CRACK/CLAY SOIL
First, please don't 'shout'. Using all capital letters makes posts hard to read. I read enough of them that I don't need a capital headache. Usually, I skip these posts but, tonight, you caught me before I got my headache. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
The recommendations you rec'd are all reasonable. I suggest you hire a Structural Engineer to give you the BEST advice. The Contractors all have a specific 'interest' in what they're recommending. The $$$ you spend on an Engineer will be $$ well spent. As you can see, you're being quoted 1000's of $$$ by Contractors. Spending a few 100 $$$s on an Engineer will be $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Architects know Structural Engineers if you can't find one in the phone book ...
PPS: God Bless America!
My impression is that you may only need your walls pointed up - maybe a couple grand or so, depending on the size of the house and condition of the mortar.
And please check to be sure that your caps key is working right before you use forums.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY