The $64,000 question is: Is there recent movement between the 2 masses? Is that movement detrimental or not?
I'd find out more about the cold joint. Find out from the Inspector what 'actions' you can/should take to mitigate future termite damage w/regards to the joint. Improved drainage, landscaping, air, AND sunlight, any/all of which, if sufficiently altered, will deter termites. (The more you can impove in ALL these areas, the better.)
Of course, you can walk away if you're not satisfied. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Rot in basement joist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!