The $64,000 question is: Is there recent movement between the 2 masses? Is that movement detrimental or not?
I'd find out more about the cold joint. Find out from the Inspector what 'actions' you can/should take to mitigate future termite damage w/regards to the joint. Improved drainage, landscaping, air, AND sunlight, any/all of which, if sufficiently altered, will deter termites. (The more you can impove in ALL these areas, the better.)
Of course, you can walk away if you're not satisfied. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Rot in basement joist
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight