The $64,000 question is: Is there recent movement between the 2 masses? Is that movement detrimental or not?
I'd find out more about the cold joint. Find out from the Inspector what 'actions' you can/should take to mitigate future termite damage w/regards to the joint. Improved drainage, landscaping, air, AND sunlight, any/all of which, if sufficiently altered, will deter termites. (The more you can impove in ALL these areas, the better.)
Of course, you can walk away if you're not satisfied. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Rot in basement joist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love