The $64,000 question is: Is there recent movement between the 2 masses? Is that movement detrimental or not?
I'd find out more about the cold joint. Find out from the Inspector what 'actions' you can/should take to mitigate future termite damage w/regards to the joint. Improved drainage, landscaping, air, AND sunlight, any/all of which, if sufficiently altered, will deter termites. (The more you can impove in ALL these areas, the better.)
Of course, you can walk away if you're not satisfied. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Rot in basement joist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects