Foundation wall cracks
I don't know who to believe, because both companies have interest at stake. Do you know of foundation inspectors that may give an unbiass opinion or of any organization that may act as an arbitrator to force the builder to extend the guarranty on the foundation?
Because it is NOT "normal" for a house to settle. It indicates that he did not do proper soils work before pouring concrete.
However, small shrinkage cracks are common and may be no structural problem. A minor shrinkage crack will not grow more than an eighth of an inch and will not let water leak in.
A structural engineer is a wise investment of a couple bills now. He can see and tell you what you need to know, acting in your interest.
Basement Waterproofing Issue/Question
Air gap between foundation wall & finished wall
Periodic wet basement from suspected rising water table
Reading foundation crack.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!