Our house has no basement, just a crawl space. In a corner room the baseboeard and foor are separating an inch in some places. Also, the center of the room seems to be sinking. There is no inside visible water damage. what could be happening?
I would need to be crawling under the floor to see why. You do have a problem though and you need to get a reputable contractor or a home inspector to determine what the reason and the fix is.
It will be tough for anyone to say what the problem is without being there, but my guess is you have joists which are rotting away or your sill plate is rotting away from where your floor meets it. Either way if you don't know much about either of these you probably won't want to tackle the job. I would hire a contractor and let them tell you what it is and how much.
need baseboard solution for...
Cracks in the ceiling...PLEASE help!
Basement floor meets walls
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING