Our house has no basement, just a crawl space. In a corner room the baseboeard and foor are separating an inch in some places. Also, the center of the room seems to be sinking. There is no inside visible water damage. what could be happening?
I would need to be crawling under the floor to see why. You do have a problem though and you need to get a reputable contractor or a home inspector to determine what the reason and the fix is.
It will be tough for anyone to say what the problem is without being there, but my guess is you have joists which are rotting away or your sill plate is rotting away from where your floor meets it. Either way if you don't know much about either of these you probably won't want to tackle the job. I would hire a contractor and let them tell you what it is and how much.
need baseboard solution for...
Cracks in the ceiling...PLEASE help!
Basement floor meets walls
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips