Our house has no basement, just a crawl space. In a corner room the baseboeard and foor are separating an inch in some places. Also, the center of the room seems to be sinking. There is no inside visible water damage. what could be happening?
I would need to be crawling under the floor to see why. You do have a problem though and you need to get a reputable contractor or a home inspector to determine what the reason and the fix is.
It will be tough for anyone to say what the problem is without being there, but my guess is you have joists which are rotting away or your sill plate is rotting away from where your floor meets it. Either way if you don't know much about either of these you probably won't want to tackle the job. I would hire a contractor and let them tell you what it is and how much.
need baseboard solution for...
Cracks in the ceiling...PLEASE help!
Basement floor meets walls
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love