Our house has no basement, just a crawl space. In a corner room the baseboeard and foor are separating an inch in some places. Also, the center of the room seems to be sinking. There is no inside visible water damage. what could be happening?
I would need to be crawling under the floor to see why. You do have a problem though and you need to get a reputable contractor or a home inspector to determine what the reason and the fix is.
It will be tough for anyone to say what the problem is without being there, but my guess is you have joists which are rotting away or your sill plate is rotting away from where your floor meets it. Either way if you don't know much about either of these you probably won't want to tackle the job. I would hire a contractor and let them tell you what it is and how much.
need baseboard solution for...
Cracks in the ceiling...PLEASE help!
Basement floor meets walls
Gas furnace working but no heat from 1st floor baseb...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers