Seeking advice from others who have had the same project.
Plan to build a 13ft long, 4 ft wide frame out of cynder blocks: fill it with rocks, sand, gravel; top off with concrete with some brick deco; and parge the sides of the cynderblocks for a nice finish.
1. Do I need to pour a 3 foot foundation all around the entire porch - then start putting together the cynderblock frame?
Or can I do a few 3 foot footers strategically placed?
2. If footers will suffice (I think they will because the porch will only have to hold its own weight plus the traffic of people coming in/out) - - How do I connect the footers to provide a flat/level surface to begin building the frame?
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
New Concrete Patio Question(s)
how to finish a concrete patio
Water getting into basement sump - concrete patio a...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs