Seeking advice from others who have had the same project.
Plan to build a 13ft long, 4 ft wide frame out of cynder blocks: fill it with rocks, sand, gravel; top off with concrete with some brick deco; and parge the sides of the cynderblocks for a nice finish.
1. Do I need to pour a 3 foot foundation all around the entire porch - then start putting together the cynderblock frame?
Or can I do a few 3 foot footers strategically placed?
2. If footers will suffice (I think they will because the porch will only have to hold its own weight plus the traffic of people coming in/out) - - How do I connect the footers to provide a flat/level surface to begin building the frame?
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
New Concrete Patio Question(s)
how to finish a concrete patio
Water getting into basement sump - concrete patio a...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools