Seeking advice from others who have had the same project.
Plan to build a 13ft long, 4 ft wide frame out of cynder blocks: fill it with rocks, sand, gravel; top off with concrete with some brick deco; and parge the sides of the cynderblocks for a nice finish.
1. Do I need to pour a 3 foot foundation all around the entire porch - then start putting together the cynderblock frame?
Or can I do a few 3 foot footers strategically placed?
2. If footers will suffice (I think they will because the porch will only have to hold its own weight plus the traffic of people coming in/out) - - How do I connect the footers to provide a flat/level surface to begin building the frame?
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
New Concrete Patio Question(s)
how to finish a concrete patio
Water getting into basement sump - concrete patio a...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love