Seeking advice from others who have had the same project.
Plan to build a 13ft long, 4 ft wide frame out of cynder blocks: fill it with rocks, sand, gravel; top off with concrete with some brick deco; and parge the sides of the cynderblocks for a nice finish.
1. Do I need to pour a 3 foot foundation all around the entire porch - then start putting together the cynderblock frame?
Or can I do a few 3 foot footers strategically placed?
2. If footers will suffice (I think they will because the porch will only have to hold its own weight plus the traffic of people coming in/out) - - How do I connect the footers to provide a flat/level surface to begin building the frame?
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
New Concrete Patio Question(s)
how to finish a concrete patio
Water getting into basement sump - concrete patio a...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!