Seeking advice from others who have had the same project.
Plan to build a 13ft long, 4 ft wide frame out of cynder blocks: fill it with rocks, sand, gravel; top off with concrete with some brick deco; and parge the sides of the cynderblocks for a nice finish.
1. Do I need to pour a 3 foot foundation all around the entire porch - then start putting together the cynderblock frame?
Or can I do a few 3 foot footers strategically placed?
2. If footers will suffice (I think they will because the porch will only have to hold its own weight plus the traffic of people coming in/out) - - How do I connect the footers to provide a flat/level surface to begin building the frame?
All advice is greatly appreciated.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
New Concrete Patio Question(s)
how to finish a concrete patio
Water getting into basement sump - concrete patio a...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps