We're looking at purchasing a house that has a 8x12 addition that the owner put on. The room has a carrying stick and 8 wood posts that end in concrete blocks which sit on the dirt ground. We've had 2 professionals tell us this doesn't meet code and we need a bigger carrying stick and concrete poured 4 feet into the ground for the foundation for the wood posts to be properly stabilized. We live in Massachusetts, so freezing/thawing is very important.
Anyone have any idea what this process may cost? The room is next to the deck, so the workers will be in a 4 1/2 ft. tall space.
Thanks in advance!
Fix Bowing Walls or Lay New Block
Need some cost estimates for finishing a basement !
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers