We're looking at purchasing a house that has a 8x12 addition that the owner put on. The room has a carrying stick and 8 wood posts that end in concrete blocks which sit on the dirt ground. We've had 2 professionals tell us this doesn't meet code and we need a bigger carrying stick and concrete poured 4 feet into the ground for the foundation for the wood posts to be properly stabilized. We live in Massachusetts, so freezing/thawing is very important.
Anyone have any idea what this process may cost? The room is next to the deck, so the workers will be in a 4 1/2 ft. tall space.
Thanks in advance!
Fix Bowing Walls or Lay New Block
Need some cost estimates for finishing a basement !
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects