I have a 6 year old house on a concrete foundation in Central Texas where there is a lot of rock in the ground. The foundation on one side of my house is always wet and where the foundation meets my back porch slab there is a slow trickle of water. I called my builder's warranty didvision and they sent out a guy. That same side of the house also has my AC drain pipe. When the warranty rep got there he noticed my drain pipe only came out of my wall about 2 inches. He cut a hole in the drywall inside the home and found no moisture. His conclusion was that the water was coming out of the lip of the pipe and traveling along the bottom side of it and back towards my home. I believed him so I cemented a piece of pipe onto the nub so the AC drains about 3 feet away from the wall. Well a month later the moisture is still there. The entire slab is wet from ground level to where the foundation meets the brick and the water is still trickling onto my patio. Any suggestions?
Without seeing the site, it sounds like you may have a spring in your yard. When it rains, the water soaks in above you and seeps along some layer in the subsoil. Your foundation cut into that layer and now dams the flow. If this is the case, you'll need to install a drain uphill of your house to divert the water. Try digging a few small holes to look for wet (as opposed to damp) soil.
Recommendation Patching Foundation Walls & Other Con...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 lUnexpectedly Sly Storage Spots
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight