In my basement I have what seems to be a plastic pipe running underneath the basement floor slab. The water drains into my pit here the house sewer traps are in front of the house. I have a sump pump in the rear of the house in the opposite corner because where I live is a high water table. My question is this
1) Where can this water be coming from that is entering the plastic pipe?
I have cut the downspout in the reaar of the house which used to, everyone tells me, ran into a drywell (nothing on the plans). I cut the downspout,put an elbow on it and into a splashblack and run the rain water away from the foundation. All gutters are new. (There is a backpitch in concrete, meaning one side of the house it is sloped towards the foundation. I will rectify that in the spring, too cold here in the northeast to dig and pour) What can I do to remedy this and is it something I can do myself?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes