I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best way to tie a new foundation to an old one.
Here are the particular's of the job:
The prexisting foundation (60+ years) is concrete block, with the old wavy textured exterior.
Here are the questions:
1) Would a poured concrete basement addition be better to tie into the old one, or would a block basement be best?
2) What's the best way to physically tie these foundations together?
3) Is the old textured brick going to be a problem?
4) Is it possibly to 'share' the basement wall between the two basements, or would another one need to be built along side of it? (Which way is best?)
If this issue is too large to cover, maybe someone can tell me if I can still epoxy rebar into a block wall to be secured by pouring the new foundation wall next to it? Would I need to grind off the textured sides of the pre-existing block wall? (The basement is walkout, and totally exposed, hence the pretty blocks used.)
Bleaching new mortar to match old stuff?
How to tie a new foundation pour to existing
Home automation with iPhone®: things you should know
Modular Home Foundations
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs