I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best way to tie a new foundation to an old one.
Here are the particular's of the job:
The prexisting foundation (60+ years) is concrete block, with the old wavy textured exterior.
Here are the questions:
1) Would a poured concrete basement addition be better to tie into the old one, or would a block basement be best?
2) What's the best way to physically tie these foundations together?
3) Is the old textured brick going to be a problem?
4) Is it possibly to 'share' the basement wall between the two basements, or would another one need to be built along side of it? (Which way is best?)
If this issue is too large to cover, maybe someone can tell me if I can still epoxy rebar into a block wall to be secured by pouring the new foundation wall next to it? Would I need to grind off the textured sides of the pre-existing block wall? (The basement is walkout, and totally exposed, hence the pretty blocks used.)
Bleaching new mortar to match old stuff?
How to tie a new foundation pour to existing
Home automation with iPhone®: things you should know
Modular Home Foundations
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!