I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best way to tie a new foundation to an old one.
Here are the particular's of the job:
The prexisting foundation (60+ years) is concrete block, with the old wavy textured exterior.
Here are the questions:
1) Would a poured concrete basement addition be better to tie into the old one, or would a block basement be best?
2) What's the best way to physically tie these foundations together?
3) Is the old textured brick going to be a problem?
4) Is it possibly to 'share' the basement wall between the two basements, or would another one need to be built along side of it? (Which way is best?)
If this issue is too large to cover, maybe someone can tell me if I can still epoxy rebar into a block wall to be secured by pouring the new foundation wall next to it? Would I need to grind off the textured sides of the pre-existing block wall? (The basement is walkout, and totally exposed, hence the pretty blocks used.)
Bleaching new mortar to match old stuff?
How to tie a new foundation pour to existing
Home automation with iPhone®: things you should know
Modular Home Foundations
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps