I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best way to tie a new foundation to an old one.
Here are the particular's of the job:
The prexisting foundation (60+ years) is concrete block, with the old wavy textured exterior.
Here are the questions:
1) Would a poured concrete basement addition be better to tie into the old one, or would a block basement be best?
2) What's the best way to physically tie these foundations together?
3) Is the old textured brick going to be a problem?
4) Is it possibly to 'share' the basement wall between the two basements, or would another one need to be built along side of it? (Which way is best?)
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries