Is there any way to permanently level a pier and beam foundation?
I have a double-wide manufactured home, 24x56. We live in an area of clay soils. The ground is very expansive. We had the house leveled about 2 years ago, and now the house is more off-kilter than before.
I have heard of screw house jacks. Are there any that include motors and sensors to automatically keep the house level?
A thousand dollars every couple years to re-level the home is pretty expensive. Would I be better off paying to move the house onto a concrete slab?
thanks for any help you can give
Q-- is there a max size/weight for upper cabinets?
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight