Is there any way to permanently level a pier and beam foundation?
I have a double-wide manufactured home, 24x56. We live in an area of clay soils. The ground is very expansive. We had the house leveled about 2 years ago, and now the house is more off-kilter than before.
I have heard of screw house jacks. Are there any that include motors and sensors to automatically keep the house level?
A thousand dollars every couple years to re-level the home is pretty expensive. Would I be better off paying to move the house onto a concrete slab?
thanks for any help you can give
Q-- is there a max size/weight for upper cabinets?
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!