Is there any way to permanently level a pier and beam foundation?
I have a double-wide manufactured home, 24x56. We live in an area of clay soils. The ground is very expansive. We had the house leveled about 2 years ago, and now the house is more off-kilter than before.
I have heard of screw house jacks. Are there any that include motors and sensors to automatically keep the house level?
A thousand dollars every couple years to re-level the home is pretty expensive. Would I be better off paying to move the house onto a concrete slab?
thanks for any help you can give
Q-- is there a max size/weight for upper cabinets?
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!