Is there any way to permanently level a pier and beam foundation?
I have a double-wide manufactured home, 24x56. We live in an area of clay soils. The ground is very expansive. We had the house leveled about 2 years ago, and now the house is more off-kilter than before.
I have heard of screw house jacks. Are there any that include motors and sensors to automatically keep the house level?
A thousand dollars every couple years to re-level the home is pretty expensive. Would I be better off paying to move the house onto a concrete slab?
thanks for any help you can give
Q-- is there a max size/weight for upper cabinets?
leveling a painted cement floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways