The exterior door of my house leaks air from the outside, even with oversized door seals.
The gap between the door, latch side, and the door frame is 5/16 of an inch. Another door of the exact same size and style has a gap of 3/16 of an inch and has no air leaking into the house.
Is there a standard of what the gap should be?
This is a new house and I am having a problem with the contractor reluctance in replacing the door, even though the contractor has tried oversized door seals, and has had the door adjusted 3 times. Any advice would be appreciated.
replacing an exterior door
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Prehung Exterior Door
installing new exterior door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips