The exterior door of my house leaks air from the outside, even with oversized door seals.
The gap between the door, latch side, and the door frame is 5/16 of an inch. Another door of the exact same size and style has a gap of 3/16 of an inch and has no air leaking into the house.
Is there a standard of what the gap should be?
This is a new house and I am having a problem with the contractor reluctance in replacing the door, even though the contractor has tried oversized door seals, and has had the door adjusted 3 times. Any advice would be appreciated.
replacing an exterior door
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Prehung Exterior Door
installing new exterior door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects