The exterior door of my house leaks air from the outside, even with oversized door seals.
The gap between the door, latch side, and the door frame is 5/16 of an inch. Another door of the exact same size and style has a gap of 3/16 of an inch and has no air leaking into the house.
Is there a standard of what the gap should be?
This is a new house and I am having a problem with the contractor reluctance in replacing the door, even though the contractor has tried oversized door seals, and has had the door adjusted 3 times. Any advice would be appreciated.
replacing an exterior door
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
Prehung Exterior Door
installing new exterior door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!