To attach a wall box: Buy a rework electric box (blue plastic rectangular box with tabs top and bottom that grip the wall from behind and tighten with screws). Draw an outline of the box on the wall and carefully cut out the rectangular hole with a key-hole saw. Route the wire into the box, then insert the box in teh hole and tighen the tabs into place. Attach the cover.
Easy way: buy a pair of plastic wall anchors. Mark the hole locations top and bottom of the plate and drill 1/4 inch holes in the drywall, insert anchors, attach cable to plate and attach plate to anchors.
If this is not clear, post back.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING