We just had a high speed internet satellite installed. The system/computer is in located in our bedroom. The system stays on at all time. My concern is this: Could radio active waves be emitted through the system/computer and become a health threat in the long term? Also, the satellite is installed on a 6ft pole on the exterior wall of my child's bedroom. Could that close proximity of radio waves to my chid's room become a health threat in the long term?
Thanks for your reply. I do want to specify that my satillite dish receives AND transmits since it is for the internet.
I have worked in the communications field for many years and have installed numerous types of radio transmitting equip. The Sat dishs used for uplinking data for your computer connection employ a low power transmitter that is located on the feed in front of the dish. The only possible area where "RF radiation" might even be a consideration is in front of the dish. In the area behind the dish RF levels are so small that they pose little or no threat even right behind the dish. In the installation you also have the building structure to further eliminate any residual RF. (Keep in mind that the dish must be located oiutside in clear view of the satellite). As theother gentleman indicated I would be much more woried about the content that your children can find on the internet.
how to properly grade lawn
exhaust from furnace vent on the side of the house
A Guide to Gas Appliance Safety
Appliance Repair Safety
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!