We just had a high speed internet satellite installed. The system/computer is in located in our bedroom. The system stays on at all time. My concern is this: Could radio active waves be emitted through the system/computer and become a health threat in the long term? Also, the satellite is installed on a 6ft pole on the exterior wall of my child's bedroom. Could that close proximity of radio waves to my chid's room become a health threat in the long term?
Thanks for your reply. I do want to specify that my satillite dish receives AND transmits since it is for the internet.
I have worked in the communications field for many years and have installed numerous types of radio transmitting equip. The Sat dishs used for uplinking data for your computer connection employ a low power transmitter that is located on the feed in front of the dish. The only possible area where "RF radiation" might even be a consideration is in front of the dish. In the area behind the dish RF levels are so small that they pose little or no threat even right behind the dish. In the installation you also have the building structure to further eliminate any residual RF. (Keep in mind that the dish must be located oiutside in clear view of the satellite). As theother gentleman indicated I would be much more woried about the content that your children can find on the internet.
how to properly grade lawn
exhaust from furnace vent on the side of the house
A Guide to Gas Appliance Safety
Appliance Repair Safety
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes