This is my first post to this site so Im not sure if I am posting to the right place. I am looking to pruchase a Gas or Electric fireplace for my house and would like some advise on which is more cost effective. We have the ability to have either in our home. I am mainly conserded about cost. Some have told me that a Gas fire place will be cheaper and others electric. What do you all think? With rising gas prices I don't want my gas bill to go way up.
That all depends on what you are trying to obtain by getting a fireplace. The look? You wont get that with electric. For heating? Well, unless the fireplace is ventless, you wont get much heat out of a gas one even with a blower in it, had one and it usually took several hours before any noticeable change in temperature was felt. I f you could install a wood burner, that would get you the most out of the fireplace, and some are dual purpose, gas or wood. We have a wood burner but its all masonary and it takes several hours to heat up, but it gets toasty warm by then, raises the temperature by several degrees and has a very nice look to it a when its in use.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes