This is my first post to this site so Im not sure if I am posting to the right place. I am looking to pruchase a Gas or Electric fireplace for my house and would like some advise on which is more cost effective. We have the ability to have either in our home. I am mainly conserded about cost. Some have told me that a Gas fire place will be cheaper and others electric. What do you all think? With rising gas prices I don't want my gas bill to go way up.
That all depends on what you are trying to obtain by getting a fireplace. The look? You wont get that with electric. For heating? Well, unless the fireplace is ventless, you wont get much heat out of a gas one even with a blower in it, had one and it usually took several hours before any noticeable change in temperature was felt. I f you could install a wood burner, that would get you the most out of the fireplace, and some are dual purpose, gas or wood. We have a wood burner but its all masonary and it takes several hours to heat up, but it gets toasty warm by then, raises the temperature by several degrees and has a very nice look to it a when its in use.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!