Does anyone know how to fix the gaps between the recessed light trim and the ceiling. The springs that hold the trim in the can are not strong enough to suck the trim peice up against the ceiling, therefore leaving gaps. This style is the two spring method, one on each side, with the ends of the springs going into the (4)slots. Having to squeeze the springs to get them into the cans seems to weaken them. Any suggestions will help. I do have easy attic access.
The only thing I know is to get new spings to replace streched ones. You can buy a package of them cheap at H.D. Or you can double up on the springs. They're a pain, but once in place you don't have to bother with them again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!